Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This little Piggy goes to Market!

It's only fitting that I title this blog this way! I grew up on a pig farm and my little shop is only a stone throw away from the piggy's themselves. So without anymore introduction...I am off to Spring Quilt Market in Pittsburgh, PA then taking the Amtrak to New York City for the National Stationary Show. It is going to be a long eight days of buying and choosing product for the shop and many seminars on the quilt business. I am taking my sidekick Mom with me for all her business sense! She thinks of all the stuff I don't plus she is truly the one who has made all this possible (Dad too). The two of us buying yards of ric rac may be very dangerous so good thing we have a BUDGET. The last few day I have had this on going headache...I believe it is a combination of excitement, fatigue, anxiety but I think the true culprit is I can't believe this is actually happening. I am finally here I finally get to make the ideas in my head a reality. I honestly have to say following my heart was the best thing I have done in a long time. I know all the missing puzzle pieces will start to fall in place. I can't wait to see how it all turns out! Mom pack your comfy shoes because we got shopping to do...

P.S. Auntie H (Cathie) says "it's going to be the biggest most awesome shopping spree of your life Kori"...I think it may be the most overwhelming shopping spree of my life!

2 comments:

David, Tiff, Sadie, & Everett said...

This little piggy is crying "wah, wah, wah" all while at home. Have fun!

Liz Demos said...

Sorry I missed you in the big apple. It sounds like you had a successful trip. Reading about all your adventures takes me back to when I first opened @home. Thanks for that! Sometimes as the years speed by you loose sight of why you got into it in the first place. I can't wait to see what you create.
xoxo