Saturday, July 3, 2010

This one is for you Mom...

So today is July 3, 2010 and tomorrow is our country’s birthday and quite honestly I feel like yesterday was Christmas. It has been about six months since I last blogged and I know way to long but hey I have been busy with my little shop. I think mom since then has asked me at least once a week if I have blogged. So the next time she asks I can actually say yep, yep I did…

The shop is doing great! Late winter and spring were a lot of fun. Our spring show and pig sale was a success. Although dad wishes he would have sold more piggies but in the end it was a beautiful weekend and that is all that matters! We started classes by kicking them off with a visit from Sue Spargo and 12 ladies from all over northeastern Ohio! Next April 16th 2011 Sue will be teaching another one of her awesome projects so stay tuned to the website for more information! If you have never worked with wool and have always wanted to try you should really consider taking one of her classes you will end up being addicted! Also for those of you who don’t know she has a couple new books out (which are here at the shop) and I am carrying the wool thread that she uses in her projects! Classes have been fun and meeting new people has been great. I am working really hard to keep addresses and emails updated so you all get information about the happenings around the shop! If you haven’t gotten any info lately send me an email or call the shop and I will make sure I get you updated in my computer! Also check your junk email because I have a feeling some of your emails are getting put there.

Mom as always is a huge help here at the shop… I think she is my unofficial part time employee that doesn’t get paid! Without her the end of April and the month of May would have been a disaster. The shop was invited to Fabric Patcher’s Quilt Guild Vendor’s Day Out (from Lordstown) and the Ohio Star Quilt Guild (from Warren) annual Quilter’s Day Out. Then the Sew and Sew’s who meet out in Boardman asked me to come do a stitchery demo for them. They didn’t really need a demo those are some savy sewer’s let metell you… it was so nice to sit and stitch with them! The three events were all a great time! I have enjoyed getting to know a lot of them. I knew when I started this adventure I would meet great people but I did not realize that I would form amazing friendship’s! I am truly a lucky girl. I think back to college and let me tell you those where the best four years of my life. I never thought that I would ever be as happy as that but I can honestly say I am again. Life is funny like that I guess…

So now it is summer mid summer actually! Mom’s garden is in full bloom and the corn is comin up in the pasture. In about a month college football will start, (GO BUCKS!!!) Dad and I will be loading up the pig trailer with the shop in September and October for Country Living Fair and in the meantime I have fat quarters to cut and a million and one things to do get ready for that. I know I promised to keep up with my blog but see I really am busy! I know that is the watered down version of six months but I guess it’s better than nothing! Until next time enjoy the sunshine and Happy Forth of July! Kori

P.S. Information on County Living Fairs is up on the website if you love the magazine try to get to one… as cheesy as it sounds the pages really do come to life!

No comments: