Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Fabric here in the shop!!!!


I know you are shocked I blogged again ;)! I took some pictures last week of some of the new fabric that has come in and thought I would share with you. If you get my newsletter I mentioned them not being here yet and the day I emailed and mailed them out I think they all came in...

These cute fabrics are Alexander Henry fabrics... I was so excited at market that they were still printing the watercolor flower print. I thought they had been discontinued! So if you are in the search for some IT'S HERE!!! It was a huge hit last year in Columbus at Country Living Fair. The coordinating print is so sweet... the little animals have names and there is a fox named Gustavo that you can't see in the picture.



As always Moda has put out some great new holiday fabric... yes this is holiday fabric. I have a hard time thinking about winter when its so hot out side. Anyway, French General's Noel and 3 Sisters Park Avenue grabbed me because it does not scream HOLIDAY at you. The two lines have a couple little Christmas motifs but could be used with stash and non-holiday material. Along with regular cottons I have some textured woven pieces that would be great for stockings' or tree skirts. I just want you to note that if you loved the two prior French General lines this new fabric will coordinate really well! Alot of the quilting magazines have great ad's for these two lines check them out.

Last but not least is a line called Gerta...

The line is too cool... Mom and I stumbled across it at market in the Country Threads booth. They have a pattern called SPOT that uses Gerta with the combination of homespun and primitive fabrics! I loved how this very traditional pattern company/ quilt shop stepped out of the box and added some spunk. Side note if you considering coming to Columbus Country Living Fair they will be there! I can 't wait to get Spot made plus other fun projects with this line that I call a fun solid. For all you Sue Spargo fans I think that this line would work in a lot of her projects. This line was designed by a native Ohioan Marica Derse which I think is even cooler! Check out Marica's website at http://www.myartbooth.com/!
It's funny because I have customers come in and say well where is all the new fabric from market and sadly I have to say it won't be here till September and October... it's such a tease I know. The fabric business is a lot like fashion when it's spring we are looking at fall fabric when its fall we look at spring and by the time it gets here I always forget what I got! Although it feels like my childhood on Christmas morning. I really hope that you come see the new fabric... if you can't get here and want some let me know I can always ship ya some! Until next time... happy stitching! Kori
P.S. My next blog will hopefully be sent from Lake Erie. Mom, dad and I are getting away for a few days and Drew will be joining us for some family time. So the shop will be closed Tuesday July 2oth through Saturday July 25th and I will be back in the shop on Tuesday July 27th!

No comments: