Saturday, July 31, 2010

Family Vacation @ Lake Erie






I have decided that I have a great sense of figuring out when the hottest week of the summer is going to be and planning my vacation on that very week. Last year 105 degrees in Missouri this year 95 degrees Lake Erie. You know it’s hot when Lake Erie looks like a giacantic pond…

As always my family and I wait to the last minute to find somewhere to stay. We had decided that the best and most convenient place to go was up Lake Erie because it is only about an hour drive from home and we could take the dogs. So of course yours truly gets to be the travel agent and find somewhere to stay. I have to say I did an amazing job finding a little cottage with an amazing lake view but I didn’t realize that there was no air conditioning! So just a note about the Turner family we would all rather be cold than hot. The only Turner who had a really hard time was Libby Lou our English bulldog. Thank goodness for frozen towels and oscillating fans! We always knew where Libby was because of her breathing. The poor thing panted so hard she was horse one night. I told mom and dad that I think that we all felt like breathing like her but knew that it wasn’t appropriate to drool and hang your tongue out of our mouths. She made it through like the rest of us and enjoyed the couple of evenings that it cooled off.

Mom of course cooked and she even decided to bake… yes bake! It was an amazing Blueberry/ Blackberry pie but lets just say the typical indoor temp of the 1920’s cottage was 85 degrees and mom I think got it up to a nice 105! You know though that is how memories are made.

You can’t go to the lake without looking for beach glass and I think this was the biggest hit of the vacation. So the first few days we were there the lake was so calm so finding the sanded glass was hard but by the middle of the week we were finding it very regularly. Of course our guests that came up one night for dinner found the best pieces Drew’s friend Aspen found RED and Josh (my boyfriend) was picking up really big pieces. Mom was a little envious of their loot put by the end of the week she snagged a nice amber find. Dad is not a beach kind of guy he’s a pig farmer but you knew it was hot when he would suggest going to the beach to put our toes in the water. I think that was the first time in about 5 years that the four of us were all together. Mom and dad used to take Drew and I up there for vacation when we were little it is amazing how time flies. There is nothing like a good old family vacation…

I can’t believe that is was a week ago already I am finally getting out of vacation mode. This week I have spent rearranging the shop hopefully next week I can start concentrating on Country Living Fair projects. Got new fabric in too along with some new patterns… more blogs to come I will keep you updated!

P.S. Hope you enjoy some pictures I took along the way I am super excited how the turned out so artsy... its the camera not the user!

No comments: