Friday, August 6, 2010

A weekend to celebrate....


I have wanted to blog about last weekend since it ended and it's already Friday. I honestly don't know where this week has gone or for that matter where the darn summer has gone. Before we know it dad will be hauling my "on the road" version of the shop to Columbus and shortly after to Atlanta for Country Living Fairs.... well I will shop whining and get to the celebrating!

So I got to celebrate 2 special things with two of my favorite people...
1st: My very good friend, sister, partner in crime you get the point Abbie's 30th Birthday!
2nd: A boy named Josh whom I'm kinda fond of have been hanging out for a whole year!
So don't you think that is worth celebrating? Well I do...
Saturday after I closed up shop I got in my car and headed down to Columbus for dinner and to see Miss. Abbie! Abbie and I met in Columbus while working at a Limited Brands and have been friends ever since probably more like family. Anyway we have had many fun adventures from trips really all over the country to even living in Washington DC together. I figured that I could not miss celebrating her 30th birthday with her! By the end of the night we both decided that we are too old for going out to our old stomping grounds in CBUS the Arena District and the crowds of early twenty somethings are over. We have decided that our new routine is going to be dinner, Jeni's ice cream and pj's while catching up on lost time. So I just thought of this I guess that is something else to celebrate.... Maturity! Although the days of Spike and Curly may be over Abbie we do have some GREAT memories! I left Sunday afternoon but you can't go to Columbus without going to Easton Towne Center. We met Annie for brunch at Brio and then the girls showed me a new lil' retro shop there called NEST! I am sure that the one guy who works there will love this picture but i couldn't resist. You don't expect three guys to be manning a home goods shop! They have new and vintage products and if you need some of those plants from the 70's that don't need watered this shop is for you! If you get there make sure you go... I found a whole jar of empty spools for $20 bucks! Next time I plan on spending more time with Abbie but this is what leads to my second big celebration...




I know I am cheesy bare with me!


So I left Abbie's cute little apartment and got on the road to Fowler because Josh was making dinner for our first year of "togetherness" some of you call this an "anniversary" but I have this thing about that word and if I call it that I feel I will jinx something. The three hour drive was well worth it because I was surprised with Mr. Goodhart's famous foil chicken, a nice bottle of wine, sterling silver dangly Ohio state earrings for game day and sunflowers he picked for me! On our first date the year before he brought me sunflowers... I must brag about this I mean come on girls Sunflowers pretty awesome. I am one lucky girl for sure but I think Josh is lucky to have me too. I surprised him with some classic AC/DC tunes and this cool old tobacco box filled with rocks that I found on vacation... I know the poor guy got a "homemade" gift. The key to this is it's better than nothing and my box of rocks really did come from the heart!





Celebrating milestones with the people that you love in life well it doesn't get much better than that...

P.S. I also got binding sewn on a really cute quilt come check it out at the shop!





2 comments:

hand pecked debb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hand pecked debb said...

Congrats on your anniversary!