Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Fat Quarter Folder

The fat quarter folder eating lobsta in New England on a trip to Center Harbor, New Hampshire... to all you dedicated quilters what is in Center Harbor?
     
So my mom has dubbed herself the fat quarter folder!  Last Wednesday I had a class and mom worked the shop so I wouldn't have to go back and forth from shop to house.  Mom gets a little nervous about working in the shop I have no idea why but she does.  I have been cutting half yards of fabric to turn into fat quarters for the past few weeks in preparation for Country Living FairS'!  I told mom that day just fold the fat quarters and that would be a huge help! So as she is folding customers keep coming.  I guess the name dubbing went a little like this... customers' walk in and are greeted with " ummm Hi uhhh Kori's not here she is in the house teaching class so you will just have to deal with me I am the fat quarter folder" in a nervous voice says Mom.  Say that 5 times fast and it's a real tongue twister.  Anyway during all this I get a hundred calls in the house mom asking what she should do, how much is..., where is the... etc etc. Just so you know mom made it through the day and did a great job in the shop...she always does. A group of ladies who wanted to see what we were making in the house and informed me that I needed to give her a raise! She does deserve one that is for sure but the payment is going to be in some sort of gift and I haven't quite figured that out.... 

 
In the meantime though while I am in the house with Dana, Beth, and Judie elementary school teachers from the Canton area (I am still in shock that these ladies drive an hour to come here what a compliment and what a delight to have some new sewing friends) were in here making this cute little box and of course its a Hatched and Patched project! Pretty cool huh?  You can either use it for your favorite jewelery or to put thread in for an on the road project. To top this fun day off Judie brought these amazing S'mores Bars to share and I thought you all needed the recipe.  They are a MUST make people... my mom horded them from me and I actually had to ask where the were.  What can I say we a a couple of foodies... 
 
S'mores Sandwich Bar Cookies (from Hershey's)
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 Hershey's bars (1.55 oz. each), unwrapped : - )
3 cups miniature marshmallows

1.  Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.

2.  Beat butter and sugar until well blended in large bowl.  Add egg and vanilla; beat well.  Stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until blended.  Press half of dough into prepared pan.  Bake 15 minutes.

3.  Lay candy bars evenly over baked dough, breaking as necessary to cover.  Sprinkle with marshmallows; scatter bits of remaining dough over all.  Bake 10 to 15 minutes or just until lightly browned.  Cool completely in pan on wire rack.  Cut into bars.  Yield:  16 bars.



Enjoy the recipe and hope this blog made you smile and or laugh.  I still laugh about mom's new nick name if you could have only heard her tell the story!  

P.S.: Come see these cute little boxes I am telling you you will want to make one!

No comments: